2. Collected data. By registering the User on the Web Site, EL ARTISTA ONLINE may ask certain personal information through the corresponding form, such as, your name and surname, sex, date of birth, national identity booklet number or taxpayer identification number or tax ID code, marital status, nationality, country of residence, province, postal code, telephone number, email account, and certain employment and academic data, among others, without which it would be impossible to interact, access to exclusive content and make the most of the Site. Thus, it is required that they be true and accurate, otherwise the user will be solely responsible for any damage that the User may cause to EL ARTISTA ONLINE or to third parties.
3. Information management. EL ARTISTA ONLINE shall use the information for the following purposes: a) facilitate contact between Users (buyers, Artists and Galleries) through their email addresses in order to buy and sell goods, b) identification and authentication, c) improve services, d) statistic purposes and e) anonymous reporting.
Personal data shall not be disclosed or used for a purpose other than the one taken into account when entered to the database or in consistency with it.
EL ARTISTA ONLINE employs other companies and individuals to perform tasks or functions on its behalf. As an example of this type we can mention sending letters and emails, removing repetitive information from the lists of users, analyzing data statistically, etc. Said persons have access to personal information needed to perform their duties and functions, but they may not use it for any other purpose.
If it were a direct communication of an advertisement not required or accepted by the User previously, EL ARTISTA ONLINE shall prominently warn that this is an advertisement.
In case of transfer or use for a different purpose, EL ARTISTA ONLINE shall ask users for their free, express and informed consent. EL ARTISTA ONLINE shall not seek consent for treatment or transfer of your personal information upon obligation to comply with a state order or before a legal obligation. If data is required by the corresponding law, administrative, or judicial mean, EL ARTISTA ONLINE shall be compelled to reveal them to the requesting authorities.
It is noted that EL ARTISTA ONLINE has hired the company GoDaddy.com, Inc. to host the Site and, therefore, the personal generated databases.
4. Database. The data collected by the site shall be included in a database. EL ARTISTA ONLINE is responsible for this database. Said personal information is completely confidential and EL ARTISTA ONLINE shall take security measures to prevent unauthorized use in accordance with the provisions of Act 25326 on the Protection of Personal Data.
5. Registration of the Database: The Database of EL ARTISTA ONLINE is registered with the National Directorate for Personal Data Protection, Ministry of Justice and Human Rights Presidency of the Nation (Argentine Republic) under registration number No. 28193, in compliance with section 3 of Act 25326.
The National Directorate for Personal Data Protection, Control Authority of Act No. 25326, has the authority to address complaints and grievances that are filed in connection with the breach of the rules on personal data protection. www.jus.gob.ar.
6. Rights. The User has the power to exercise the right of access to their data for free at intervals of not less than six months, unless a rightful interest is proved as provided by section 14, paragraph 3 of Act No. 25326. The National Directorate for Personal Data Protection, Control Authority of Act No. 25326, has the authority to address complaints and grievances that are filed in connection with the breach of the rules on personal data protection. Furthermore, it is stated that the holder of the data may at any time request the removal or blocking of his/her name from the database (Act 25326, section. 27, paragraph 3). This is carried out in compliance with the provision of Decree 1558/2001, section 27, paragraph 3, which states that “the possibility that the holder of the data has to request removal or blocking of all or part of its name from the database must be indicated, expressly and prominently in any communication for purposes of advertising made by mail, telephone, email, Internet or other means to be known. At his/her request, the name of the person or user of the database who provided the information must be reported.”
7. Procedure. The following procedure should be taken into consideration for the User to exercise his/her right of access, ratification, updating, deletion and confidentiality of personal data:
1. the manager and handler of the database is EL ARTISTA ONLINE. The request to obtain information, rectification, updating or deletion of personal data must be made effective by a note to the email address email@example.com
2. Once the request is received, EL ARTISTA ONLINE shall answer it in an accessible and understandable language, upon confirmation of identity, within ten (10) calendar days in case of request for information, while in case of request for rectification, updating or deletion the manager will have five (5) working days to answer.
3. The information may be denied if so could hamper judicial or administrative proceedings in progress.
4. In case data of people already dead is required, the applicant must prove the relationship by an authentic document to confirm the status of universal successor of the deceased.
5. In any case, the report may reveal information pertaining to thirds parties.
6. EL ARTISTA ONLINE shall report as precisely and clearly as possible and answer in accordance with the preference that the applicant has expressly stated in his/her application.
8. Security - Password. EL ARTISTA ONLINE constantly deals with the maintenance of the security of personal information provided by Users by implementing technical and organizational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of data and by trying by all means to prevent unauthorized access to them. EL ARTISTA ONLINE employs appropriate technologies and various procedures for such purpose. However, given the current state of technology, EL ARTISTA ONLINE cannot guarantee that unauthorized access will never happen. The User must maintain absolute confidentiality regarding the password of his/her account at the Web Site, being him/her solely responsible for access by third parties and all measures taken. EL ARTISTA ONLINE advises the Users to enter an alphanumeric password with a high degree of security and with no relation at all with information about them in order not the allow third parties to deduce it. Furthermore, EL ARTISTA ONLINE recommends USERS to change the password periodically and that does not match the password for the email address you entered as the user name or any other email account
10. Recommend this page to a friend. Users may use this service of EL ARTISTA ONLINE, indicating name, surname and email address of the recipient of the recommendation of the Web Site, data which will not be saved by EL ARTISTA ONLINE.
The use of this service must be exercised by the User in compliance with the applicable regulations regarding the protection of personal data. EL ARTISTA ONLINE prohibits the User to use it indiscriminately and/or to make recommendations en masse of the Web Site and/or to send emails to individuals who have requested not to receive such messages.
EL ARTISTA ONLINE is empowered, in such cases, to temporarily suspend or disable Users responsible for causing damages.
11. Forum– Questions and Answers from Users. Users may use the mechanisms of making questions and giving answers though the Web Site of EL ARTISTA ONLINE, and use the Web Site Forums, in all cases solely for the purposes intended by the Web Site in each case, being it prohibited to include personal information about themselves or about third parties, as well as any information or content that is contrary to the User Agreement of use, to these policies, to law, to morals and good customs, or which may in any other way cause damages of any kind to third parties.
EL ARTISTA ONLINE is empowered, in such cases, to temporarely suspend or disable Users responsible for causing damages.
12. Auctions. EL ARTISTA ONLINE may enable the User-seller to make an auction for his/her item, in which case the Users authorize EL ARTISTA ONLINE to provide the User-seller of the item in auction, the information to contact the potential buyer who entered the offer in case this offer is approved, which shall be informed to the User-buyer through an email sent by EL ARTISTA ONLINE.
Last modified: December, 18th, 2012.